Within its Translational Medicine Department, our client is currently actively looking for a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in oncology and/or immunology research to take a leading role supporting the discovery of biomarkers for pharmaco-dynamic analysis and patient selection. With a role of Translational Medicine expert in the project team(s), the selected candidate will work in close interaction with the other departments to select the biomarkers, ensure access to state of the art technologies, evaluate their scientific basis and clinical applicability. He/she will assess the qualification/validation status and technical or statistical issues related to the proposed biomarker assays. In addition, he/she will play a key role in directing the development and outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker assays and oversee the analysis and reporting of the data.
More specifically, the responsibilities will be to :
• Actively participate and lead the definition, development and implementation of biomarker strategies for diverse projects in close interaction with the members of the project team(s).
• Manage the selection, development, qualification/validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, and safety biomarkers internally and/or in external analytical laboratories.
• Ensure the feasibility of such assays in a clinical setting and support their implementation in clinical trials. This includes the review of dedicated sections of clinical documents and other material needed, and requires a close interaction with the Clinical teams and external service providers.
• Oversee pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarker testing and complex data analysis across functional area. Mentor the experimental work of research assistant(s) and/or scientist(s).
• Participate to experimental work to facilitate and assist with biomarker assay development and/or qualification.
• PhD, MD/PhD in Cancer Biology, Immunology, Cell, or Molecular Biology with a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-doctoral research experience in analyzing human samples and/or monitoring analysis of biological markers during clinical trials. Must have expertise in oncology or immunology.
• Experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical application of biomarkers using flow cytometry, proteomics, molecular biology or immunohistochemistry of human tissue specimens.
• Direct experience in qualification/validation, development, and outsourcing of clinically applicable pharmacodynamic biomarker assays.
• Experience in implementing bio-assays in clinical studies.
• Fluent in English (oral and written). French is a plus.
• Strong project and interpersonal skills.
• Strongly organized and rigorous, you have a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively on multiple immune oncology programs in a fast paced environment
• Although autonomous, you have a high ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong motivation, attention to details.
• A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
• The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
• A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
• Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
• A freelance assignment until Mid summer 2019
Interested in this job?
Send us your CV and motivation to: email@example.com